sE Electronics X1 A Cardioid Condenser MicrophoneRegular price $159.99
X1 A Cardioid Condenser Microphone
The X1 A: It could be your first mic, but it's one you'll want to keep forever.
There's a new entry point to sE's acclaimed X1 Series, and it's breaking the performance barrier (again) for every mic in its class. When it was introduced in 2011, the X1 brought a new level of quality to its price point, competing easily with microphones costing several times as much. But that didn't stop sE from trying to outdo themselves again.
With a newly-developed condenser capsule and an exterior based on the rugged metal chassis of the X1, the X1 A offers first-class sound & specifications at an even better "home studio" cost, featuring an extremely natural frequency response, massive SPL-handling capabilities (150dB!), switchable attenuation and low-cut filters, and a perfectly balanced sensitivity level - so it's at home on absolutely any source.
• All-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise - and the high-quality finish ensures a great look for years to come.
• Integrated windscreen eliminates the need for an external pop filter, and provides an extra layer of safety and security for the all-important capsule.
• X1 A's new condenser capsule design is a work of art, delivering stellar sonic performance on any source with incredible speed, accuracy, and well-balanced frequency response.
• -20 dB pad switch on the left provides extended dynamic range, enabling a wide range of applications and close-mic techniques for even the loudest instruments.
• 100 Hz low-cut switch helps eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, and compensates for excessive bass with close-mic techniques (proximity effect).
• Gold-plated XLR connector ensures loss-free, reliable signal connection for years.
• Comes complete with a rock-solid, newly designed swivel mic clip and thread adapter to fit with any mic stand.
• In the box: X1 A microphone, swivel mic clip, mic stand thread adapter
• Capsule Type: 2/3" Permanently-Biased Condenser
• Directional Pattern: Cardioid
• Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
• Impedance: less than 50 Ohms
• Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dB)
• Max SPL: 130 / 150 dB (0 / 20 dB pad, (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
• Signal to Noise Ratio: 78 dB(A)
• Equivalent Noise Level: 16 dB(A)
• Dynamic Range: 114 / 134 dB (0 / 20 dB pad)
• Low Cut Filter: 100 Hz, 6 dB/oct, switchable
• Attenuation Pad: 20 dB, switchable
• Connectivity: 3-pin male XLR
• Power requirement: 48V phantom according to IEC 61938
• Recommended Load Impedance: >1K Ohms
• Current Consumption: 4.0 mA
• Diameter: 58 mm (2.28 in.) x Length: 169 mm (6.65 in.)